Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dually Too

My husband and I are "owned" by a Chocolate Lab named Dually Too. We picked him up from Piney Woods Kennels in Lufkin Texas. We were quite impressed with the operation down there, it is NOT a puppy mill, rather they breed working dogs with a great deal of intellegence, if our dog is any measure.
Dually goes everywhere we go. I do some part time office work for a neighbor who operates several trucks. These trucks are parked in the corner of the back pasture close to the office. In this pasture is a horse named Toby. He is a buckskin quarter horse and really smart. He and Dually have made friends, they sniff noses, Dually jumps around and barks, Toby bucks and kicks and races around, then they come back togather and repeat the process. This is really funny to watch. When Dually has to "load up" in the back of our one ton truck, Toby does his best to get in too. I really beleive he would follow Dually home if we let him out the gate. Toby would follow me into the small portable building which is the office if I would let him. I  made the mistake of taking him apples once, now he is sure that I have a treat every time I show up. (which I usually do, have a treat that is). Both Toby and Dually just want to figure out what we want then they try to do it.  They are genuine in their affection and happy to see us whenver we come. Wish I could say that about people. These two characters make my life happier, I look forward to seeing them, to surprising them with some little treat or game, Toby always follows us all the way out to the last gate, hoping for one last pet or rub. Like Dually he recognizes the sound our Dodge Diesel Dually makes and runs for the gate to meet us. I get a great deal of pleasure watching him in that "rocking chair lope" of his.
Life is  full of simple little pleasures, Toby and Duallly playing togather is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment